Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex | Sophie, Countess of Wessex | Egbert of Wessex | House of Wessex | Ine of Wessex | Cynewulf of Wessex | Countess of Wessex | Westland Wessex | Godwin, Earl of Wessex | Sigeberht of Wessex | Ceawlin of Wessex | Æthelwulf of Wessex | Wessex Scene | Earl of Wessex | Cynegils of Wessex | Cwichelm of Wessex | Cerdic of Wessex | Æthelred of Wessex |
The first known stone bridge on the site was built by Robert d'Oilli in around 1085, but there was believed to be a wooden bridge in the time of Ethelred of Wessex.
Silver coins of the 9th century have been found in the churchyard, dating back to the period when Kings Ethelred and Alfred of Wessex were fighting the Danes at Reading, and also the era in which Reading supplanted Calleva Atrebatum (Silchester) as the local centre of importance.