The history of the Philharmonic can be traced back to 1887 when Dr Arthur Henry Mann, the organist at King's College Chapel, Cambridge, assembled a choir with an accompanying orchestra for a festival service commemorating the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
In 1887 it was dedicated to public use by Prince Albert Victor of Wales, in memory of Queen Victoria's Jubilee, and called Victoria Hill.
The Golden Jubilee Medal was instituted in 1887 by Royal Warrant as a British decoration to be awarded to participants of Queen Victoria's golden jubilee celebrations.
The first issue of the newspaper was published on 27 June 1887, in commemoration of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
Victoria | Queen Victoria | Victoria (Australia) | Victoria Cross | Queen | Queen's Counsel | Queen's University | Victoria and Albert Museum | Queen Mary | Queen (band) | Queen Elizabeth | Mary, Queen of Scots | University of Victoria | Queen Anne | Victoria Beckham | Queen Latifah | Golden Gate Bridge | Victoria Park | RMS Queen Mary | Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother | Victoria's Secret | Queen Elizabeth Hall | Golden Gloves | Golden Eagle | Victoria University of Wellington | The Golden Girls | National Gallery of Victoria | Lake Victoria | Golden Globe Award | Queen consort |
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was part of the celebration during the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria at Windsor Castle in England, and toured through Birmingham, Salford, and London for five months.
The current building, designed by Sir Herbert Baker, is a 1930s replacement of the original building, commissioned in 1902 by the Corporation of the Church House, formed in 1888, to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria, celebrated in 1887.