The town was incorporated and renamed Albany in 1833, when the New York Central Railroad from New York City to Albany, New York was chartered.
The New York Central Railroad built a line through the Pine Creek Gorge, and by the 1890s three logging railroads—the Trout Run Railroad, the Cammal and Black Forest Railroad, and the Oregon and Texas Railway (named for two nearby mountains)— connected to the main line at Campbell.
After his playing days, he worked as a conductor on the New York Central Railroad, and was also a restaurant owner at one time.
From 1950 to 1955 he was a railroad brakeman and switchtender for New York Central.
Wagons hauled lumber and tanned leather to the Cedar Run station on the New York Central Railroad line through the Pine Creek Gorge.
York Elevated Railroad Company (1877-1886), and then as Chief Engineer of the New York Central Railroad company from 1886 to 1898 until his retirement.
•
Katte led design and construction of Eads Bridge at St. Louis, Park Avenue Viaduct, and construction of the Weehawken Tunnel in New Jersey, was Chief Engineer of the New York Central Railroad company, founding member of Western Society of Engineers and one of early members and director of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
New York City | New York | The New York Times | New York University | York | New York Yankees | Buffalo, New York | Central Intelligence Agency | Rochester, New York | New York Giants | New York Stock Exchange | New York Mets | Albany, New York | Comedy Central | New York State Assembly | Syracuse, New York | Central Park | Central Asia | Central processing unit | New York State Senate | New York City Subway | Central America | New York Philharmonic | Central | York University | New York Jets | New York Public Library | Lake Placid, New York | New York Rangers | Mayor of New York City |
In 1929 the director, Arno Demmer, sent him to the USA, where he stayed until 1938, working on the New York Central Railroad testing a Kylala blastpipe.
A good example of this is Grand Central Terminal in New York City, where William J. Wilgus, chief engineer of the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad, devised a plan to earn profit from air rights.
Located on a large circular plot in Lot 2, Section 31 is the gravesite of Erastus Corning, founder and president of the New York Central Railroad.
He was an attorney in the claims departments of the Nickel Plate Railroad, Pennsylvania Railroad and New York Central Railroad from 1936 to 1942.
The Vermilion Valley Railroad (originally the New York Central Railroad) passes through Fowler, and the north fork of Spring Creek flows along its western edge.
Ownership passed to the St. Louis, Alton and Terre Haute Railroad, a predecessor of the Illinois Central Railroad, but in 1890 that company sold that segment to the Cairo, Vincennes and Chicago Railway, which became part of the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway (Big Four) and eventually the New York Central Railroad and Conrail.
The parkway was built by William Kissam Vanderbilt, a descendant of the family that presided over the New York Central Railroad and Western Union.
He worked his way up through various positions with the railroad to eventually become a Vice President for New York Central Railroad where he was in charge of the lines west of Buffalo.
However, in December 2003, the KB&S received a group of six EMD GP38-2M locomotives rebuilt from ex-New York Central Railroad GP40s.
Once called Center Station it was a stop along the New York Central Railroad (NYCRR) that became famous for being the site where the Karner Blue butterfly was first identified.
The ONCT was formed from an approximate 13 mile section of the Lehigh Valley mainline from Shortsville, New York to Victor, NY as well as a short section of the New York Central's Auburn Road in Victor.
Vanderbilt and the New York Central and Hudson River contended, often in dramatic terms, against Fisk, Gould, and Drew's Erie Railroad.
Noted industrial decorator Henry Dreyfuss, whose many designs included the "Twentieth Century Limited" locomotive (1938) for the New York Central Railroad, and the "500" desk telephone (1949), the Bell System standard for 45 years, designed the interiors.
In 1907 the Vacuum Oil, Standard Oil, New York Central Railroad, and Pennsylvania Railroad were all indicted for violations in Inter-State Commerce laws.
The New York Central Railroad's Niagara was a steam locomotive named after the Niagara River and Falls.