X-Nico

2 unusual facts about Frederick William Cumberland


Frederick William Cumberland

Starting in 1843, he was employed with the engineering department of the British Admiralty, working on the construction of dry docks and fortifications.

Toronto Magnetic and Meteorological Observatory

The current building was designed in 1853 by local architect Frederick Cumberland, who was also working on the design of University College, which was being built just north of the Observatory to replace King's College.


Toronto Street Post Office

The Toronto Street Post Office was also called Seventh Toronto Post Office and was built by Frederick William Cumberland and Thomas Ridout from 1851 to 1853.


see also