Jacob Linzbach was born in Kloostri Parish (now in Padise Parish), Harjumaa and died in Tallinn.
The Kolu kõrts (Estonian for Inn of Kolu) is a relocated authentic inn originally built in the Estonian vernacular style in the village of Kolu, Harjumaa in 1840 and currently exhibited and operated as a part of the Estonian Open Air Museum.
By the 13th century the following major districts had developed in Estonia: Saaremaa (Osilia), Läänemaa (Rotalia or Maritima), Harjumaa (Harria), Rävala (Revalia), Virumaa (Vironia), Järvamaa (Jervia), Sakala (Saccala), and Ugandi (Ugaunia).