X-Nico

unusual facts about Städel


Städel

The collection of the Staedel, officially known as the Städelsches Kunstinstitut und Städtische Galerie of Frankfurt, was removed from the museum to avoid destruction from the Allied bombings, and the collection was stored in the Schloss Rossbach, a castle owned by the Baron Thüngen near Bad Brückenau in Bavaria.


Similar

Städel |

Karl Friedrich Lippmann

44 of these now owns the Historical Museum Frankfurt, the Städel owns a landscape showing the Alps.

Master of the Housebook

A small number of paintings are also thought to be his work, notably the Pair of Lovers in Gotha, the Speyer Altarpiece (divided among Gemäldegalerie, Berlin, the Städel, Frankfurt, and Augustiner Museum Freiburg, and the Holy Family (Nuremberg, Germanisches Nationalmuseum, since 2004).

Stadel bei Herrieden

Stadel is about 11 km (7 mi) southwest of the city of Ansbach, 49 km southwest of the city of Nürnberg, 93 km east of Heilbronn and 143 km northwest of Munich.

The Blinding of Samson

The Blinding of Samson is a 1636 painting by Rembrandt, now in the Städel.


see also