Maine | limestone | Portland, Maine | Bangor, Maine | Brunswick, Maine | Bar Harbor, Maine | Lewiston, Maine | Augusta, Maine | Waterville, Maine | U.S. Route 1 in Maine | University of Maine | Houlton, Maine | Fryeburg, Maine | Maine-et-Loire | Kennebunkport, Maine | Camden, Maine | Skowhegan, Maine | Orono, Maine | Fort Kent, Maine | Blue Hill, Maine | South Portland, Maine | Presque Isle, Maine | Old Orchard Beach, Maine | Maine House of Representatives | Poland, Maine | Maine Republican Party | Kittery, Maine | Hollis, Maine | Gulf of Maine | Freeport, Maine |
In 2008, the building made an appearance, supposedly as a lighthouse in Maine, in the film remake The Women (starring Meg Ryan).
Arriving in Halifax, Nova Scotia by ship from Europe, it traveled overland by pony to Annapolis, by steamship to Portland, Maine, and then by rail to Baltimore.
The Asticou Azalea Garden in Northeast Harbor, Maine, United States, is a popular visitor attraction.
Two decades later, Abbott and McCausland traveled US 1 from Florida to Maine, and Abbott photographed the small towns and growing automobile-related architecture.
Calamine ore was mined at Merchants Hill in the late 18th century, but the area's principal focus was on limestone quarrying, at Gurney Slade quarry, and agriculture.
Within Pembrokeshire the Carboniferous Limestone forms the spectacular coastal cliffs at St Govan’s Head along from which are features such as Huntsman’s Leap and the Green Bridge of Wales, a natural arch.
Charles IV, Duke of Anjou, also Charles of Maine, Count of Le Maine and Guise (1446–1481) was the son of the Angevin prince Charles of Le Maine, Count of Maine, who was the youngest son of Louis II of Anjou and Yolande of Aragon, Queen of Four Kingdoms.
Charles W. Walton (1819–1900), United States Representative from Maine
On May 19, Lady Davis began her career with distinction by capturing and taking into Beaufort, South Carolina the A. B. Thompson, a full-rigged ship of 980 tons and a crew of 23 out of Brunswick, Maine, whom she encountered off Savannah while on an expedition seeking the U.S. armed brig Perry.
Born in 1838 in York County, Maine, Mitchell began his photographic career as an errand boy in a daguerreotype gallery in Maine at the age of nine.
Donald G. Alexander was appointed to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court in 1998 by Governor Angus S. King.
Her interest was further expanded by spending time in 1926, with Samuel, in Ogunquit, Maine, and artists Stefan Hirsch, Bernard Karfiol, Walt Kuhn, Yasuo Kuniyoshi, Robert Laurent, Katherine Schmidt, Niles Spencer, and Marguerite and William Zorach.
Upon the admission of Maine as a state, he was again elected as a Democratic-Republican to the Seventeenth Congress, and reelected as an Adams-Clay Republican to the Eighteenth Congress, and elected as an Adams candidate to the Nineteenth Congress and served from March 4, 1821, until his resignation in 1826.
Haas also taught frequently at photography workshops, including the Maine Photographic Workshop, the Ansel Adams Workshop in Yosemite National Park, and the Anderson Ranch Arts Center near Aspen, Colorado.
She helped establish The AIDS Project, which became Maine's largest AIDS service organization, and co-founded the Peabody House assisted living facility.
Fraser's 3,700 employees worked in several pulp and paper mills in North America, including in Madawaska, Maine and in New Hampshire in the US, and Thurso, Quebec, and Edmundston, New Brunswick in Canada.
The Fryeburg Water Co. was ordered by the New Hampshire Utilities Commission (NHPUC) to provide the residents of East Conway, New Hampshire with Poland Spring bottled water (incidentally, the water that the utility sold to the Nestlé subsidiary) until the company fixed a pipeline that brought water from the spring in Maine to the homes in New Hampshire.
Gené, Maine-et-Loire, a commune in the Maine-et-Loire department in France
He also brought larger finds from excavations back to Leipzig with him (for example the limestone head of Queen Nefertiti) with the permission of the then French-run Antiquities Service.
His specialisms were limestone and semi-arid climate processes, and he was a contributor to books such British Caving with Cecil Cullingford, A Dictionary of Geographical Terms with Sir L. Dudley Stamp and to the Guide to Birmingham and its Region of Prof Michael Wise.
The Portland Company built early railway locomotives and the Portland Terminal Company handled joint switching operations for the Maine Central Railroad and Boston and Maine Railroad.
New Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York, opened in 2009, extensively uses Indiana limestone paneling on its exterior facade.
He moved to Maine after the incident, but returned in 1882 to edit the Joliet News until 1915.
He worked as an engineer and manager (at Tewgoed (or 'Terrgoed') Colliery at Cwmafan); then underground surveyor to William Chambers of Llanelli; and finally, at Abercrave colliery, iron works, iron mines, and limestone quarries while maintaining an active interest in natural history, especially botany (he left a herbarium at the Royal Institution of South Wales, Swansea), and folklore.
Suzannet was severely wounded at the Battle of Rocheserviere on June 20, 1815 fighting for King Louis XVIII against troops loyal to Napoleon Bonaparte, as a result of his injuries Suzannet died the next day at Aigrefeuille-sur-Maine.
He has worked at most of Edmonton's theatres, including the Citadel Theatre (Burn This, Hello Dolly and Little Shop of Horrors - for which he won his third Elizabeth Sterling Haynes Award), Theatre Network (Habitat), Shadow Theatre (Almost Maine), Edmonton Opera (South Pacific and HMS Pinafore) as well as with playwrights Marty Chan, Conni Massing, Lyle Victor Albert, Raymond Storey, Doug Curtis, Jocelyn Ahlf, Cathleen Rootsaert and Belinda Cornish.
L.L.Bean is a privately held mail-order, online and retail company based in Freeport, Maine, United States, specializing in clothing and outdoor recreation equipment.
Works on the building started in 1784, with building materials arriving the following year from around Chile and the world: limestone from the Polpaico country estate; sand from the Maipo River; red stones from a quarry at the Cerro San Cristóbal in Santiago; white stone from the neighbouring Cerro Blanco; oak and cypress wood from Valdivia; Spanish metal works from Vizcaya.
La Varenne, Maine-et-Loire, a commune in the Maine-et-Loire department in France
On December 6, 2001, she was sworn in as Maine's first female Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court by Governor Angus King.
As of the 2012 election cycle, it is active with a fully constituted State committee, securing the placement of 2012 Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee Gary Johnson onto the Maine general election ballot for the 2012 election and the endorsement of Andrew Ian Dodge the United States Senate election in Maine, 2012.
Nearby is an old limestone quarry currently owned by Lafarge (formerly known as Blue Circle).
Maine Huts and Trails is a non-profit public service organization that aims to create a 180-mile network of cross-country ski trail stretching between the Mahoosuc Range in western Maine to Moosehead Lake, the state's largest water body.
Swan's Island is accessible by the State of Maine ferry service from Bass Harbor, on Mount Desert Island, home to Acadia National Park.
Despite the name, the water does not come from the country of Poland but from derived multiple sources in the state of Maine, including Poland Spring and Garden Spring in Poland, Clear Spring in Hollis, Evergreen Spring in Fryeburg, Spruce Spring in Pierce Pond Township, and White Cedar Spring in Dallas Plantation, Bradbury Spring in Kingfield.
Sherbrooke Castors moved to Maine, becoming the Lewiston Maineiacs; Montreal Rocket moved to Charlottetown and took the Prince Edward Island name, Hull Olympiques become Gatineau Olympiques.
Most notably, the brick-hard limestone below the practice fields left the players so battered that Lambeau frequently had to move practices back to City Stadium.
Another narrow gauge line, the Wachtl Railway, still connects the cement plant near Kiefersfelden station with limestone quarries at Wachtl, just inside Austria in the municipality of Thiersee.
He built lime kilns to turn the abundant local limestone into quicklime, starting an industry that operated into the late 20th century.
The first railway bridge over the St. Croix River at this location was opened in October 1871 by U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant and Governor General of Canada Lord Lisgar on the completion of the European and North American Railway (E&NA) between Bangor, Maine and Saint John, New Brunswick.
Saxatilomys is thought to be petricolous and has only been observed in forested, rocky Limestone habitats.
On the road to Wymondham is a limestone quarry owned by Breedon Aggregates, containing around 3.2 million tonnes of limestone.
The lake shores are primarily undeveloped, and held in conservation or protected status, either through land ownership or easement, by the state of Maine and the province of New Brunswick.
Maine decoys, for example as seen in the work of Gus Wilson, are typically solid-bodied with wide, flat bottoms and simple paint patterns.
Another daughter, Margaret, married U.S. Representative Joseph F. Wingate of Maine.
The formation appears to have been laid down in a tropical environment somewhat similar to the Bahamas today, and on the basis of fossil evidence an Early Jurassic (Sinemurian) age has been proposed for the Gibraltar Limestone, though in appearance it has a strong resemblance to the Carboniferous Limestone that underlies large parts of England and Wales.
WBCQ-FM, a radio station (94.7 FM) licensed to Monticello, Maine, United States
WBGR-LP, a low-power television station (channel 33) licensed to Bangor/Dedham, Maine, United States
With the consent of Richard I, Duke of Normandy William had constructed two castles, one at Alençon and the other at Domfront, while the caput of Yves' lordship was the castle of Bellême, constructed "a quarter of a league from the old dungeon of Bellême" in Maine.
While there were suggestions that settlers around the Woodstock area had recognized iron deposits in the surrounding landscape in approximately 1820, it was not until sixteen years later in 1836 that Dr. Jackson of Boston, who was on a geological survey conducted by the state of Maine, confirmed the presence of iron ore.