Committee of Public Safety | New York Public Library | Public school (government funded) | public school | public | Public Enemy | public relations | GNU General Public License | public domain | Public-access television | Public Radio International | Harvard School of Public Health | Public Enemy (band) | Chicago Public Schools | United States Public Health Service | Boston Public | Public relations | public health | Public Works Administration | Public speaking | Public Image Ltd | Minnesota Public Radio | Boston Public Library | American Public Media | public-private partnership | public housing | Department of Public Works | Corporation for Public Broadcasting | Public service announcement | Public housing |
The company began to expand further, acquiring several public houses in the Wirral area and the Spraggs Brewery in 1919.
Thomas Henry Nowell Parr FRIBA (1864 – 23 September 1933) was a British architect, best known for designing pubs in west London, many of them built as the "house architect" for Fuller's Brewery, as well as buildings in Brentford, where he was surveyor and then architect to the Council from 1894 to 1907.
The public houses and inns in Grantham reflect to a great extent the history of the town, soke, and Parliamentary constituency of Grantham, Lincolnshire, England.
The village was home to seven public houses, including 'The Talbot', 'The Bulls Head', ' The Royal Oak', 'The Bridge House', 'The White Hart', 'The Blacksmiths Arms' and 'The Lord Shrewsbury' (formerly The Wild Duck, renamed The Lord Shrewsbury; 'Lord' is an acceptable form of oral address for an Earl).
Bamford has four public houses, the Derwent Hotel (closed), the Anglers Rest, the Ladybower Inn and the Yorkshire Bridge Inn, the latter once home to former Blue Peter presenter Peter Purves.
Eyrecourt is served by two public houses, a post office, library, village store, garage and fast food outlet, pharmacy, tractor dealer, medical centre, primary school, numerous small enterprises and the Meelick-Eyrecourt GAA club.
The southern part of the village by the River Wear is popular for country walks and the three public houses and working men's club that are situated on the banks of the river.
Under the Defence of the Realm Act 1914 a State Management Scheme was set up in 1916 to bring the liquor industry, including public houses (pubs) and the local breweries, under Government control over a wide area stretching as far as Carlisle and Maryport.
He was responsible for designing, in an imaginative and varied manner, a number of notable public houses in the Carlisle district under the auspices, as chief architect, of the Home Office State Management Scheme (SMS).
The village of Markfield has two public houses – The Queens Head and The Bulls Head – and a Travelodge hotel, the hotel of which is located on the outskirts on the A50; the parish contains a fourth pub – the Coach and Horses in Field Head.
Former public houses include the Cross Keys, in which Clement Freud lived when he was Member of Parliament for the Isle of Ely in the 1970s and early 1980s.
St. Margaret's Institute Community Centre, the first building constructed on nearby Polstead Road, was built following a subscription by parishioners of SS Philip and James Church in 1889 for the building of a Working Men's Institute "to provide rational amusement and instruction for working men of any creed, sect, or opinions, who may thus be kept out of public houses".
He was in succession a preacher of the doctrine of ‘reforming optimism,’ a theatrical manager, the curator and proprietor of some ‘model experimental gardens’ near Holloway, and a promoter in Manchester of public-houses without intoxicating drinks.