Other structures built of complementary materials include Howell (1969) which houses the Upper School and the Edith Hamilton Library, Hardy (1969) for science and math, the Cafeteria (1948), Katherine Van Bibber Gymnasium (1959), the Lower School complex designed by Marcel Breuer (1972), Centennial Hall (1987), the Barbara Landis Chase Dance Studio (1992), the Lower School Science building (1996), the Admissions Cottage (1997), and a variety of small outbuildings and additions.
The Villa Sayer (1975) is the only house built by the great architect Marcel Breuer in France.
The Isokon Long Chair is a chair designed by Marcel Breuer for the Isokon company in 1935-36.
The exhibit was closed on October 16, 1955, after attracting almost a quarter of million visitors in two seasons, approximately three times as many visitors as the two previous MoMA House and Garden exhibits (a 1949 house by architect Marcel Breuer that exists today at Kykuit, the Rockefeller family estate in Pocantico Hills, NY, and a 1950 house by architect Gregory Ain), demolished after the exhibition.
Past exhibitions have highlighted innovation in parking garages; green building and sustainable design; architects, including Eero Saarinen and Marcel Breuer; and tools as art.
Marcel Duchamp | Marcel Proust | Marcel Marceau | Marcel Breuer | Marcel Pagnol | Marcel Lefebvre | Marcel Dzama | Marcel Griaule | Marcel Carné | Marcel Mauss | Marcel Mule | Marcel Journet | Marcel Janco | Marcel Gauchet | Marcel Dassault | Marcel Bozzuffi | Grit Breuer | Cedrik-Marcel Stebe | Saint-Marcel | Marcel Vanthilt | Marcel Reif | Marcel Labey | Marcel Granet | Marcel Cerdan | Marcel Bigeard | Marcel Bellefeuille | Joseph Breuer | Gabriel Marcel | Saint-Marcel-lès-Valence | Rosie Marcel |
The Meister Hall building at BCC by architect Marcel Breuer was featured as a Russian Embassy in the 2008 film Burn After Reading by the Coen brothers.
The school has several buildings (constructed in the 1960s and 70s) of importance in the Modernist style, including the Murray D. Lincoln Campus Center and Hotel designed by Marcel Breuer, the Southwest Residential Area designed by Hugh Stubbins Jr, The Fine Arts Center by Kevin Roche, the W.E.B. Du Bois Library by Edward Durell Stone, and Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium by Gordon Bunshaft of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill.
1950-1955 : Photographs regularly for Le Corbusier and, at the same time, for many other international architects (Alvar Aalto, Marcel Breuer, Kenzo Tange, Richard Neutra, Oscar Niemeyer, Aulis Blomstedt), as well as numerous French architects (Bernard Zehrfuss, Jean Balladur, Georges Candilis, Georges-Henri Pingusson, Michel Écochard, etc.) and architect-engineers such as Jean Prouvé.
The design of the World Heritage Centre was the combined work of three architects: Bernard Zehrfuss (United States), Marcel Breuer (France), and Pier Luigi Nervi (Italy).